Meet our new partner and beneficiary for 2018.
is a non-profit organization that provides unexpected amazingness to local families with cancer through financial and emotional support. Through our Light of Hope Family Grant Program, we offer a one-time grant to pay essential household bills for families with cancer.
Our mission is simple…and the support we offer is unexpected amazingness for families with cancer.
UNEXPECTED AMAZINGNESS IS…
- Unexpected amazingness is the sigh of relief you experience when you get a call from Bringing Hope Home letting you know we are able to pay for some bills when you have shut off notices for your rent, oil, and phone.
- Unexpected amazingness is receiving a gift card from Bringing Hope Home for groceries when you haven’t eaten in days.
- Unexpected amazingness is when you have a hole in your roof that you can’t afford to fix, and every time it rains it pours into your house, and Bringing Hope Home lets you know we are able to cover all the costs and schedules it to be fixed for you.
- Unexpected amazingness is when you are told by Bringing Hope Home that we are able to fill your oil tank when moments earlier you had to turn the oil company away because you don’t get paid until next week.
- Unexpected amazingness is when our Family Navigator talks to your landlord and negotiates that when we pay one month of your rent, he will give you one month free.
- Unexpected amazingness is knowing that people like Bringing Hope Home care, and are here for you and your family along your cancer journey.
- Families served: Over 4,000 total families assisted since 2008
- Geographic Areas served: PA, NJ, DE (check out the exact counties here). (With expansion plans to MD, NY and CT!)
- Different types of cancer we work with: 65
- Number of cancer centers we work with: 62
- We help men, women and children with any type of cancer
When recently asked to describe Bringing Hope Home in three words in a brief follow-up survey, some of our families describe us as the following: